By Sergio Vidal
President, Multidisciplinary Association for the Study of Medical Marijuana (AMEMM)
Today, many scientists in different countries support the use of marijuana-based medicine as an effective treatment for diseases and to relieve various symptoms, including: AIDS, sickle cell anemia, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, spasticity, glaucoma, rheumatism, among others.
In Brazil, millions of people with one or more those conditions could benefit from the use of medicines containing the active ingredients of the cannabis plant. But every disease and illness requires a specific biochemical balance between cannabinoids and terpenes. Each needs a specific way of administration.
In addition, each genetic variety of marijuana has a specific and unique combination of those natural compounds. More than 85 molecules are produced exclusively by the marijuana plant, in addition to the most famous, THC and CBD.
For all of you who think that the only way to save the I-502 model is to deny patients safe and affordable access to medication, we just thought we’d point out that I-502 model has been officially declared DEAD ON ARRIVAL. Read Full Article →
On Friday, December 5, Palm Pictures will revive the tradition of “midnight movies” with an exclusive online screening of the legendary reggae classic film Countryman. Directed by Dickie Jobson, the film is a 1982 cult classic, featuring classic tracks from Bob Marley, Steel Pulse, and Toots & The Maytals.
Preceding the screening, at 11:30 pm on Friday, 12/5, the film’s co-star, Carl Bradshaw, will live-chat from Jamaica via Google Hangouts On Air with veteran reggae journalist Rob Kenner. The live chat with Bradshaw and the special “Midnight Movie Streaming” will be broadcast live via Google Hangouts here.
To celebrate the online screening of the film, Toke Signals will be giving away, courtesy of Palm Pictures, a free copy of Countryman on DVD to one lucky winner; the winner will be chosen at random from those who share this story on Facebook by the end of Friday, December 5, 2014.
Toke Signals TV
Toke Signals Radio
Produced by Indie Media Weekly
Select a Category
Tagsactivism california cancer cannabinoids cbd colorado DEA dispensaries dpa drug enforcement administration drug policy alliance florida hemp hemp news I-502 itunes legalization libsyn liquor control board marijuana policy project medical marijuana mpp news norml podcast prohibition reefer madness ron marczyk schedule I seattle sharon letts Steve Elliott stitcher THC toke radio toke signals toke signals radio toke signals tv toke tv video blog vlog war on drugs washington state worth repeating youtube
- Oregon: Eastern Residents Voted Against Legal Marijuana; Urge Tight Rein On Sales January 25, 2015
- U.S.: Historic Bipartisan Support to Remove Industrial Hemp from the Controlled Substances Act in both the House and Senate January 24, 2015
- Washington: US Army Issues Letters To Marijuana Stores Demanding They Not Sell To Troops January 24, 2015
- Hawaii: State Capitol Flies Hemp Flag On Opening Day Of Legislative Session January 23, 2015
- Toke TV 72: Americans Say Weed Safer Than Milk! Marijuana-Based Sex Spray Hits Shops! Pot Strain Named After Seahawks Star!
- Brazil Legalizes CBD; Activists Vow To Continue Fight For Full Access To Medical Marijuana
- Toke TV 71: Federal Judge Weighs Marijuana’s Classification! Native American Pot Farm Opens In Feb.! 2 Legalization Measures In Ohio!
- Toke TV 70: Medical Marijuana Under Attack In Washington! Virginia Voters Want Pot Law Reform! Decrim Bill Intro’d In Texas!
Toke Signals biggest hits of the week.
- Toke TV 72: Americans Say Weed Safer Than Milk! Marijuana-Based Sex Spray Hits Shops! Pot Strain Named After Seahawks Star! 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Growing Marijuana Under LED Lights: Spectrum and Wavelength 0 comments | by Mathew Butka
- Brazil Legalizes CBD; Activists Vow To Continue Fight For Full Access To Medical Marijuana 0 comments | by Sergio Vidal
- Parents: THCA Tincture Works Just As Well As CBD For Pediatric Seizures. Here’s How To Make It. 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Hash Oil Safety: Don’t Become Another Statistic 0 comments | by Jeremy Webb
- LED Grow Lights Make Growing Marijuana Easy — Or Do They? 1 comment | by Steve Elliott
- Pot Smoking Not Linked To Breathing Problems; May Help Lungs 6 comments | by Steve Elliott
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
Order your signed copy of The Little Black Book of Marijuana: The Essential Guide to the World of Cannabis, today!
Toke Signals runs on Blue Host. Support us by using our affiliate link for your hosting purchase at Blue Host.
Friends of Toke Signals
- Alabama Medical Marijuana Coalition
- Americans for Safe Access (ASA)
- Beyond Chronic: Medical Cannabis Information You Can Trust
- Cannabis N.I.: Northern Ireland
- Colorado Cannabis Blog
- Drug Policy Alliance (DPA)
- Hemp CT
- Hemp News
- Indie Media Weekly
- Jay Selthofner, Citizen Activist
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP)
- Lawmen Protecting Patients
- Marijuana Policy Project (MPP)
- Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Narco Polo: Defending Recreational Drug Use
- November Coalition
- Oregon Cannabis Connection
- PeterMcWilliams.org: A Tribute to Peter McWilliams
- Reality Catcher
- Regina Garson's Blog
- Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation – THCF Medical Clinics
- The Safety Meeting with IAmSafeTDriver