By Heather Hjorth
“They don’t dress like us – they wear suits and kinda gangsta”
~ a comment from a pot prohibitionist at Tuesday’s meeting in Kittitas County, Washington State, as reported from the Kittitas Cannabis Alliance Facebook Page
[Note: I did wear a suit to the meeting as a show of respect because I planned to address the board. ~ Heather]
A citizen’s board waded through a full agenda before getting to a discussion of proposed changes to zoning laws which could effectively ban cannabis production and processing in Kittitas County, Washington. Unfortunately, rational presentation and identification of relevant issues was precluded by the tone of the evening.
Citizens from SOARS (Save our Agricultural and Rural Spaces) were out in quantity, with an informational board, flyers, signature sheets and stickers for attendees set up outside the armory. SOARS represents a varied group of anti-cannabis activists whose concerns range from economic (Timothy Hay) to moral (remember Reefer Madness?). Read Full Article →
Toke Signals Radio
Produced by Indie Media Weekly
Toke Signals TV
Select a Category
Tagsactivism california cancer cannabinoids cbd colorado DEA dispensaries dpa drug enforcement administration drug policy alliance florida hemp hemp news I-502 itunes legalization libsyn liquor control board marijuana policy project medical marijuana mpp news norml podcast prohibition reefer madness ron marczyk schedule I seattle sharon letts Steve Elliott stitcher THC toke radio toke signals toke signals radio toke signals tv toke tv video blog vlog war on drugs washington state worth repeating youtube
- U.S.: Medical CannaBusiness Webinars Focusing On Licensing, Organics November 21, 2014
- Ohio: Hemp Chamber of Commerce Welcomes Botanical Extraction Facility November 21, 2014
- U.S.: House Bill Introduced To Overturn Ban On VA Physicians Recommending Medical Marijuana November 21, 2014
- California: Attorney General Kamala Harris Says Legal Marijuana Is Inevitable November 20, 2014
- Toke TV 65: 693,000 Marijuana Arrests In 2013! NYPD To Stop Low-Level Pot Busts! Legalization Gives Military Headaches!
- Toke TV 64: Oregon, Alaska, DC Legalize! Near Miss For Medical Pot In Florida! Sheep Munch $6K In Weed!
- Toke TV 63: Big Pot Raids In Colorado! Cali Cops Say ‘Fuck The Growers’! LEAP Cops Endorse Legalization!
- Toke TV 62: Pot Opponent Fibs About Child Deaths! Police Chief Challenged To Pot vs. Booze Duel! Woman Cast Out of Church for Medical Marijuana!
Toke Signals biggest hits of the week.
- Worth Repeating: It’s Official! Cannabinoids Kill All Types of Cancer 2 comments | by Ron Marczyk
- Parents: THCA Tincture Works Just As Well As CBD For Pediatric Seizures. Here’s How To Make It. 2 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Cannabis: Drink Your Medicine! A Poor Man’s Guide to Juicing 1 comment | by Sharon Letts
- A Cannabis Call To Arms 1 comment | by Sharon Letts
- Anonymous Takes Down Cheryl Shuman’s Website 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Toke TV 64: Oregon, Alaska, DC Legalize! Near Miss For Medical Pot In Florida! Sheep Munch $6K In Weed! 1 comment | by Steve Elliott
- Worth Repeating: Evidence Shows Cannabinoid Therapy Reduces Breast Cancer Tumors 0 comments | by Ron Marczyk
Order your signed copy of The Little Black Book of Marijuana: The Essential Guide to the World of Cannabis, today!
Toke Signals runs on Blue Host. Support us by using our affiliate link for your hosting purchase at Blue Host.
Friends of Toke Signals
- Alabama Medical Marijuana Coalition
- Americans for Safe Access (ASA)
- Beyond Chronic: Medical Cannabis Information You Can Trust
- Cannabis N.I.: Northern Ireland
- Colorado Cannabis Blog
- Drug Policy Alliance (DPA)
- Hemp CT
- Hemp News
- Indie Media Weekly
- Jay Selthofner, Citizen Activist
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP)
- Lawmen Protecting Patients
- Marijuana Policy Project (MPP)
- Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Narco Polo: Defending Recreational Drug Use
- November Coalition
- Oregon Cannabis Connection
- PeterMcWilliams.org: A Tribute to Peter McWilliams
- Reality Catcher
- Regina Garson's Blog
- Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation – THCF Medical Clinics
- The Safety Meeting with IAmSafeTDriver