By Cheri Sicard
“I have decided to fight the federal government, because for me not defending the things that I know are right is dishonorable. It is the power of the people to control this government that is supposed to protect us. If we shun this struggle, this government will control us instead of protecting us. Every citizen has a responsibility to fight for what is right, even if it seems like the struggle will be lost.”
Former United States Marine, Christopher Williams wrote those words to explain why he went to trial rather than take a plea bargain or deal, like everyone else involved in his marijuana case did.
Williams and partners operated one of Montana’s largest medical marijuana dispensaries in strict compliance with Montana state medical marijuana laws. Nonetheless, 2011 saw federal authorities launch an all-out assault on the state’s medical marijuana program.
During that sweep Montana Caregiver’s dispensary and its Helena grow operation were raided. Williams, along with his partners and employees were arrested and charged with felony drug and weapons charges.
(2) R-76, a referendum filed on sections of SB 5052 for the November ballot gathering signatures for a July 23, 5 pm deadline.
(3) An injunction being filed for July 24 (when many other sections of SB 5052 are scheduled to be implemented).
With 20,000 mail-in petitions for I-1372 going out in all copies of the June issue of the Northwest Leaf, sponsor Kirk Ludden’s “never give up, never surrender” attitude continues despite those saying it is not possible, and mass media indifference to six major press releases in five months.
By Cheri Sicard
Like most people serving life sentences for nonviolent, victimless “crimes,” Charles “Fred” Cundiff is yet example of a prisoner behind bars because of America’s horrendous conspiracy laws. In July of 1991, Fred did what many of us have probably done at one time or another in our lives; he was in the company of a friend who was involved in selling marijuana.
Fred agreed to go on an overnight road trip to Tallahassee with this friend. Fred went shopping for a birthday present for a loved one while his friend attended to an “errand.” While he was waiting in the car for his friend to arrive for the trip home, Cundiff found himself looking down the barrels of two shotguns, while another 9mm pistol pointed squarely at him. Fred was arrested and taken to jail.
Toke Signals TV
Toke Signals Radio
Produced by Indie Media Weekly
Select a Category
Tagsactivism americans for safe access california cannabinoids cannabis news cbd colorado DEA dispensaries dpa drug enforcement administration drug policy alliance florida hemp hemp news I-502 itunes legalization libsyn liquor control board marijuana news marijuana policy project medical marijuana mpp norml podcast prohibition ron marczyk schedule I seattle sharon letts Steve Elliott stitcher THC toke radio toke signals toke signals radio toke signals tv toke tv video blog vlog war on drugs washington state worth repeating youtube
- New York: Agreement Announced To Drive Medical Marijuana Research July 2, 2015
- Washington: Governor Signs Bill Reducing Marijuana Taxes, Loosens Pot Zoning July 2, 2015
- California: Federal Civil Rights Lawsuit Filed In Medical Marijuana Dispensary Raid Case July 2, 2015
- U.S.: Water Soluble CBD Introduced By California Company July 2, 2015
- Toke TV 91: Uruguay Stands Up To UN On Legalization! Legal Weed Comes To Oregon! First Marijuana Dispensary Opens In Minnesota!
- Cannabis POW of the Month: Chris Williams
- Toke TV 90: Obama Administration Removes Barrier To Marijuana Research! Portland Police Release Guide To Pot! First Dispensary Opens In MA!
- Toke TV 89: Medical Marijuana Doesn’t Increase Teen Use! New Jersey Supports Legalization! Delaware Decriminalizes!
Toke Signals biggest hits of the week.
- Senator Rand Paul Says Marijuana Makes You Dumb And Lazy 27 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Toke TV 90: Obama Administration Removes Barrier To Marijuana Research! Portland Police Release Guide To Pot! First Dispensary Opens In MA! 1 comment | by Steve Elliott
- Cannabis POW of the Month: Chris Williams 0 comments | by Cheri Sicard
- Toke TV 91: Uruguay Stands Up To UN On Legalization! Legal Weed Comes To Oregon! First Marijuana Dispensary Opens In Minnesota! 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- WA’s I-502 Pot Stores Say If You Can’t Beat The Competition, Have Them Outlawed 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Welcome To Legalization: Seattle Cannabis Cup Canceled 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- An Open Letter From Federal Marijuana Prisoner Chris Williams 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
Order your signed copy of The Little Black Book of Marijuana: The Essential Guide to the World of Cannabis, today!
Toke Signals runs on Blue Host. Support us by using our affiliate link for your hosting purchase at Blue Host.
Friends of Toke Signals
- Alabama Medical Marijuana Coalition
- Americans for Safe Access (ASA)
- Beyond Chronic: Medical Cannabis Information You Can Trust
- Cannabis N.I.: Northern Ireland
- Colorado Cannabis Blog
- Drug Policy Alliance (DPA)
- Hemp CT
- Hemp News
- Indie Media Weekly
- Jay Selthofner, Citizen Activist
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP)
- Lawmen Protecting Patients
- Marijuana Policy Project (MPP)
- Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Narco Polo: Defending Recreational Drug Use
- November Coalition
- Oregon Cannabis Connection
- PeterMcWilliams.org: A Tribute to Peter McWilliams
- Reality Catcher
- Regina Garson's Blog
- Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation – THCF Medical Clinics
- The Safety Meeting with IAmSafeTDriver