But once you do take a look, the realization dawns: This is what failed “legalization” looks like.
Local and federal law enforcement officers in Seattle announced the arrests of “more than 90 suspects” in a roundup to discourage street-corner drug deals in the downtown corridor around Third Avenue and Pine Street, reports Kyle Stokes at KPLU.
So Why Hasn’t The Public Heard About It?With Washington Governor Jay Inslee looking increasingly likely to sign SB 5052 into law, it may end up being a waste of taxpayers’ money. Due to its violating federal and HIPPA laws, a federal injunction could be issued, ending SB 5052 before it can cause harm to patients. Showing that SB 5052 violates the state constitution will take longer in state court.
A dedicated and motivated sponsor is behind the citizens’ Initiative 1372. The reason you may not have heard about this initiative, which last year was I-1343, starts with our current initiative process.
This state allows the People the initiative/referendum process. This allows the People to do what the Legislature won’t if they no longer represent the will of the People. Read Full Article →
I-502’s heavy taxation, under which marijuana is taxed 25 percent at each stage of the process (growing, processing, and retail), plus regular sales taxes, particularly incensed the liberty-loving Ventura.
“It’s ridiculous to have a special marijuana tax,” said Ventura, in an exclusive interview with Toke Signals. “Marijuana should be taxed the same as anything else you buy.”
by Michael “Buffalo” MazzettiWhy does the Washington State Legislature want to undermine medical cannabis? New Approach Washington’s Alison Holcomb and Seattle City Attorney Pete Holmes with Initiative 502 clearly stated that if passed, it would have no effect on medical cannabis laws. Both repeatedly reassured voters that “I-502 won’t harm patients.”
Senate Bill 5052 is an effort by the Legislature that could doom our medical cannabis patient rights. This bill could bring harm and even death to many medical cannabis patients. Why would the lawmakers do this?
Immediately, three reasons grab my attention: knowledge deficit, power, and greed. Let’s examine this. Read Full Article →
A 2013 study by economists at the University of Colorado Denver and Montana State University revealed that so-called “per se” drugged driving laws have no discernible impact on traffic fatalities.
Per se laws set specific thresholds for controlled substances, above which drivers are automatically considered impaired. They are, in other words, based on a number rather than on actual impairment. Such limits are much harder to apply to a substance like marijuana than to alcohol, since individual responses and tolerances to cannabis vary so widely.
These laws criminalize some cannabis-using drivers hours, days, or even weeks after they’ve last used the herb, even if the person’s driving ability was never impaired in the least. THC is fat soluble, and since the endocannabinoids are naturally present anyway, the body loves it and holds onto it as long as it can. It may stay in regular, heavy users’ systems for weeks after they’ve last used pot; I once tested positive 49 days after my last use.
Are you ready for some #ferretmadness?
A great new stoner comedy called Dude, Where’s My Ferret? will be released online this summer via various digital platforms, including iTunes.
Dude, Where’s My Ferret? is almost completely funded by a private investor and its makers on April 6 launched an IndieGoGo campaign to help raise the rest of the money they need to make this the best stoner comedy ever.
Is Legal Marijuana Safe In Washington State? Independent Study Says No
Recreational users and medical patients to picket recreational outlet store in Seattle
Along with the legalization of recreational marijuana in Washington came reassurances that the products offered to the public for consumption would be lab tested for safety and consistency.
A recent study by a Washington state physician that is documented by Seattle Times reporter Evan Bush* shows this is far from the case. The doctor says, “The public is being lied to about the state marijuana being properly tested for safety. It is not!”
Toke Signals TV
Toke Signals Radio
Produced by Indie Media Weekly
Select a Category
Tagsactivism americans for safe access california cancer cannabinoids cannabis action coalition cbd colorado DEA dispensaries dpa drug enforcement administration drug policy alliance florida hemp hemp news I-502 itunes legalization libsyn liquor control board marijuana policy project medical marijuana mpp norml podcast prohibition ron marczyk schedule I seattle sharon letts Steve Elliott stitcher THC toke radio toke signals toke signals radio toke signals tv toke tv video blog vlog war on drugs washington state worth repeating youtube
- Washington: Gov. Inslee Signs Bill Eliminating Medical Marijuana Dispensaries April 24, 2015
- Connecticut: Panel Recommends Medical Marijuana For ALS, Ulcerative Colitis April 24, 2015
- Illinois: House Approves Bill To Decriminalize Marijuana Possession April 24, 2015
- New Mexico: Dept. of Health Awards Medical Cannabis Software Contract April 24, 2015
- Toke TV 81: Bill Would Respect State Marijuana Laws! Rubio Wants Pot Crackdown! Oregon Cops Want $5M To Go After Weed!
- Here’s What Failed Legalization Looks Like: 40 Arrested For Selling Marijuana In Downtown Seattle
- Toke TV 80: Americans Want Legal Weed! Obama Supports Medical Marijuana! Christie Promises Cannabis Crackdown!
- Washington Citizens’ Initiative Does More To Protect Medical Marijuana Patients
Toke Signals biggest hits of the week.
- Here’s What Failed Legalization Looks Like: 40 Arrested For Selling Marijuana In Downtown Seattle 10 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Toke TV 80: Americans Want Legal Weed! Obama Supports Medical Marijuana! Christie Promises Cannabis Crackdown! 5 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Parents: THCA Tincture Works Just As Well As CBD For Pediatric Seizures. Here’s How To Make It. 5 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Toke TV 81: Bill Would Respect State Marijuana Laws! Rubio Wants Pot Crackdown! Oregon Cops Want $5M To Go After Weed! 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Jesse Ventura On Washington State’s I-502: ‘That’s Not Legalization’ 1 comment | by Steve Elliott
- Is It Dangerous To Decriminalize Marijuana? A Physician’s View 0 comments | by Robert Townsend
- Attorney: Marijuana May Not Impair Driving Ability At All 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
Order your signed copy of The Little Black Book of Marijuana: The Essential Guide to the World of Cannabis, today!
Toke Signals runs on Blue Host. Support us by using our affiliate link for your hosting purchase at Blue Host.
Friends of Toke Signals
- Alabama Medical Marijuana Coalition
- Americans for Safe Access (ASA)
- Beyond Chronic: Medical Cannabis Information You Can Trust
- Cannabis N.I.: Northern Ireland
- Colorado Cannabis Blog
- Drug Policy Alliance (DPA)
- Hemp CT
- Hemp News
- Indie Media Weekly
- Jay Selthofner, Citizen Activist
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP)
- Lawmen Protecting Patients
- Marijuana Policy Project (MPP)
- Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Narco Polo: Defending Recreational Drug Use
- November Coalition
- Oregon Cannabis Connection
- PeterMcWilliams.org: A Tribute to Peter McWilliams
- Reality Catcher
- Regina Garson's Blog
- Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation – THCF Medical Clinics
- The Safety Meeting with IAmSafeTDriver