By Heather Hjorth
“They don’t dress like us – they wear suits and kinda gangsta”
~ a comment from a pot prohibitionist at Tuesday’s meeting in Kittitas County, Washington State, as reported from the Kittitas Cannabis Alliance Facebook Page
[Note: I did wear a suit to the meeting as a show of respect because I planned to address the board. ~ Heather]
A citizen’s board waded through a full agenda before getting to a discussion of proposed changes to zoning laws which could effectively ban cannabis production and processing in Kittitas County, Washington. Unfortunately, rational presentation and identification of relevant issues was precluded by the tone of the evening.
Citizens from SOARS (Save our Agricultural and Rural Spaces) were out in quantity, with an informational board, flyers, signature sheets and stickers for attendees set up outside the armory. SOARS represents a varied group of anti-cannabis activists whose concerns range from economic (Timothy Hay) to moral (remember Reefer Madness?). Read Full Article →
But I was nonetheless intrigued when an Ideal 420 Soil representative offered to send me a sample bag of their growing medium to try. At that point, I had no excuse; I had to ask myself, “What’s the harm in giving it the once through?”
“We cover the science of soil, so growers can focus on what truly matters: the plants themselves,” Ideal 420 Soil tells us. “Our product has been perfectly balanced in its elemental ratios; therefore, nothing but water is needed or necessary. In fact, we kindly ask that you allow the system to thrive by not adding any outside products.”
Toke Signals Radio
Produced by Indie Media Weekly
Toke Signals TV
- Visit us at Indie Media Weekly.com for more ways to listen, station details and schedule.
Select a Category
Tagsactivism california cancer cannabinoids cbd colorado DEA dispensaries dpa drug enforcement administration drug policy alliance florida hemp hemp news I-502 itunes legalization libsyn liquor control board marijuana policy project medical marijuana mpp news norml podcast prohibition reefer madness ron marczyk schedule I seattle sharon letts Steve Elliott stitcher THC toke radio toke signals toke signals radio toke signals tv toke tv video blog vlog war on drugs washington state worth repeating youtube
- U.S.: States, Cities and Nation's Capital To Vote On Marijuana Policy Ballot Measures Tuesday October 31, 2014
- Chile: Government Approves Planting 850 Marijuana Plants For Cancer Patients October 30, 2014
- U.S.: Hemp Public Relations Launched; Specializes In Marketing For Marijuana Industry October 30, 2014
- U.S.: Law Enforcement Officials Tour States To Lend A Hand To Drug Policy Reform Initiatives October 30, 2014
- Toke TV 63: Big Pot Raids In Colorado! Cali Cops Say ‘Fuck The Growers’! LEAP Cops Endorse Legalization!
- Toke TV 62: Pot Opponent Fibs About Child Deaths! Police Chief Challenged To Pot vs. Booze Duel! Woman Cast Out of Church for Medical Marijuana!
- Toke TV 61: Vote Medical Marijuana! Labor Endorses Legalization! Australia Plans National Clinical Cannabis Trial!
- Toke TV 60: Researcher Claims Pot Causes Mental Disorders! Basque Parliament Endorses Cannabis Clubs! Morocco Considers Legalization!
Toke Signals biggest hits of the week.
- Toke TV 62: Pot Opponent Fibs About Child Deaths! Police Chief Challenged To Pot vs. Booze Duel! Woman Cast Out of Church for Medical Marijuana! 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Repeat After Me: Marijuana Is Not Poisonous To Pets 4 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Cannabis: Drink Your Medicine! A Poor Man’s Guide to Juicing 14 comments | by Sharon Letts
- Making Medicine: Cannabis Infused Honey Tincture 4 comments | by Sharon Letts
- Dank Tanks: Convenient, Potent Cannabis Extracts For Your Vape Pen 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Shuman Joining Florida Medical Marijuana Fight; Rosenfeld Says No Thanks 1 comment | by Steve Elliott
- Marijuana Shows Great Promise For Alzheimer’s – But Research Is Stalled 1 comment | by Steve Elliott
Order your signed copy of The Little Black Book of Marijuana: The Essential Guide to the World of Cannabis, today!
Toke Signals runs on Blue Host. Support us by using our affiliate link for your hosting purchase at Blue Host.
Friends of Toke Signals
- Alabama Medical Marijuana Coalition
- Americans for Safe Access (ASA)
- Beyond Chronic: Medical Cannabis Information You Can Trust
- Cannabis N.I.: Northern Ireland
- Colorado Cannabis Blog
- Drug Policy Alliance (DPA)
- Hemp CT
- Hemp News
- Indie Media Weekly
- Jay Selthofner, Citizen Activist
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP)
- Lawmen Protecting Patients
- Marijuana Policy Project (MPP)
- Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Narco Polo: Defending Recreational Drug Use
- November Coalition
- Oregon Cannabis Connection
- PeterMcWilliams.org: A Tribute to Peter McWilliams
- Reality Catcher
- Regina Garson's Blog
- Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation – THCF Medical Clinics
- The Safety Meeting with IAmSafeTDriver