Cannabis journalist Steve Elliott on Saturday was banned by Facebook from posting, Liking or commenting for 30 days — for posting the link to a mainstream news story that had been shared by 1,400 other users of the social media site.
“I’d been banned twice before merely for reporting marijuana prices, which has been my job now since 2009,” said Elliott, who has done cannabis reporting for the SF Weekly, Seattle Weekly, Northwest Leaf, Hemp News, Toke Signals, Toke of the Town, and DOPE Magazine.
“I thought I’d discovered where the ‘bright line’ was, because the first two times, actual prices were in my Facebook post,” Elliott said. “But that doesn’t apply this time, because all I posted was a link to the mainstream news story, noting that I’d gotten banned from Facebook for reporting the same thing in the past.” Read Full Article →
“The week before the signing of SB 5052, word about I-1372 began spreading quickly,” said sponsor Kirk Ludden. “With Governor Inslee signing SB 5052, he may have just pushed the People to qualify I-1372 and be the champions for patients once again in this state. If this happens, I-1372 will supersede SB 5052 and the medical cannabis community will have a fair and transparent board to regulate the market.”
As more volunteers gather signatures, a concern by some voters are that the information will be used to create a database. Kirk’s reply, “I’m the one who receives all petitions, and only check for a printed name and signature. I have no time, nor desire to create a database.” Read Full Article →
Hear that massive sucking sound? That’s the sound of all Washington’s promised “cannabis tourism” dollars going south to Oregon.
You know the windfall that was promised to Washington state voters if they approved Initiative 502, the anemic, problem-plagued marijuana “legalization” initiative that has become a nationwide laughingstock? Well, I-502 has become, in effect, a bad example of how NOT to do legalization, even as Colorado and Oregon laugh all the way to the bank.
Welcome to Washington state’s dumb-ass brand of “legalization”… Where in reality we are slipping BACKWARDS from the progress we achieved with medical marijuana, to restrictive new “recreational” rules that forbid on-site consumption. When greedy 502 merchants got these rules passed to shut down medical marijuana dispensaries, they cut off their noses to spite their faces… and most are too clueless to recognize this, even now.
By Donna Lambert
I believe that human beings should have more rights than corporations.
The current direction of the marijuana movement is corruption and greed.
CURRENT GOAL OF GREED:
Create a two-tiered restrictive permitting pot monopoly that creates criminals out of everybody except a very small group of politically connected insiders who are able to pay off politicians to write up restrictive legislation that creates criminals out of almost every single human being except themselves.
Keep the artificially high prices of Prohibition for this select small group of corrupt, greedy self-interested people. Read Full Article →
By Cheri Sicard
Most people in the United States are unaware we have people in this country serving sentences of LIFE WITHOUT PAROLE for nonviolent marijuana offenses. Out of the small minority who are aware, most think this an outdated practice that never happens anymore. They’re wrong.
While most of the marijuana lifers we know of are senior citizens who have been incarcerated for decades, the practice of handing out life sentences for nonviolent marijuana “crimes” continues. Corvain Cooper, the newest marijuana lifer the CAN-DO Foundation (www.candoclemency.com) has identified, received a sentence of life without possibility of parole in 2014!
Toke Signals TV
Toke Signals Radio
Produced by Indie Media Weekly
Select a Category
Tagsactivism americans for safe access california cancer cannabinoids cannabis action coalition cbd colorado DEA dispensaries dpa drug enforcement administration drug policy alliance florida hemp hemp news I-502 itunes legalization libsyn liquor control board marijuana policy project medical marijuana mpp norml podcast prohibition ron marczyk schedule I seattle sharon letts Steve Elliott stitcher THC toke radio toke signals toke signals radio toke signals tv toke tv video blog vlog war on drugs washington state worth repeating youtube
- U.S.: Stashlogix Helps Keep Cannabis Secure For Families May 26, 2015
- South Carolina: Mom Legally Making, Selling Medical Marijuana CBD Extract May 25, 2015
- Missouri: Man Given Life Sentence For Marijuana Has Sentence Commuted May 25, 2015
- Michigan: Lawmaker Wants To Legalize, Tax Marijuana To Pay For Roads May 25, 2015
- Toke TV 85: Senate Panel OKs Medical Marijuana For Veterans! Sanders Leaves Door Open To Legalization! IL Senate Approves Removing Criminal Penalties!
- R76 No: Save The Medicine! Volunteer Day At Northwest Cannabis Market
- Facebook’s Marijuana Problem: User Banned For Sharing Mainstream News Story
- Toke TV 84: Americans Ready For Legal Marijuana! Call To Action In Oregon! Cannabis Religion Growing Like A Weed!
Toke Signals biggest hits of the week.
- Parents: THCA Tincture Works Just As Well As CBD For Pediatric Seizures. Here’s How To Make It. 3 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Compassion Killed By Greed: Marijuana and the Green Rush 2 comments | by Donna Lambert
- Toke TV 85: Senate Panel OKs Medical Marijuana For Veterans! Sanders Leaves Door Open To Legalization! IL Senate Approves Removing Criminal Penalties! 0 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Facebook’s Marijuana Problem: User Banned For Sharing Mainstream News Story 2 comments | by Steve Elliott
- Worth Repeating: It’s Official! Cannabinoids Kill All Types of Cancer 1 comment | by Ron Marczyk
- Welcome To Legalization: Seattle Cannabis Cup Canceled 5 comments | by Steve Elliott
- LED Grow Lights Make Growing Marijuana Easy — Or Do They? 1 comment | by Steve Elliott
- May 2015
- April 2015
- March 2015
- February 2015
- January 2015
- December 2014
- November 2014
- October 2014
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
Order your signed copy of The Little Black Book of Marijuana: The Essential Guide to the World of Cannabis, today!
Toke Signals runs on Blue Host. Support us by using our affiliate link for your hosting purchase at Blue Host.
Friends of Toke Signals
- Alabama Medical Marijuana Coalition
- Americans for Safe Access (ASA)
- Beyond Chronic: Medical Cannabis Information You Can Trust
- Cannabis N.I.: Northern Ireland
- Colorado Cannabis Blog
- Drug Policy Alliance (DPA)
- Hemp CT
- Hemp News
- Indie Media Weekly
- Jay Selthofner, Citizen Activist
- Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP)
- Lawmen Protecting Patients
- Marijuana Policy Project (MPP)
- Marijuana: The Forbidden Medicine
- Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS)
- Narco Polo: Defending Recreational Drug Use
- November Coalition
- Oregon Cannabis Connection
- PeterMcWilliams.org: A Tribute to Peter McWilliams
- Reality Catcher
- Regina Garson's Blog
- Students for Sensible Drug Policy
- The Hemp and Cannabis Foundation – THCF Medical Clinics
- The Safety Meeting with IAmSafeTDriver